This Sign Face is an adhesive decal ONLY and does not include a substrate backing.
The School (S1-1) sign has the following four applications:
- School Area – to warn road users that they are approaching a school area that might include school buildings or grounds, a school crossing, or school related activity adjacent to the highway.
School Zone – to identify the location of the beginning of a designated school zone.
School Advance Crossing – to warn road users that they are approaching a crossing where schoolchildren cross the roadway, if combined with an AHEAD (W16-9P) plaque or an XX FEET (W16-2P or W16-2aP) plaque to comprise the School Advance Crossing assembly.
- School Crossing – to warn approaching road users of the location of a crossing where schoolchildren cross the roadway, if combined with a diagonal downward pointing arrow (W16-7P) plaque to comprise the School Crossing assembly.
This sign face is a pentagon shape with a black legend and border on a yellow background.
- Retroreflective sign face is visible day and night
- Pressure-sensitive adhesive for application
- Substrate base not included